• contact@elpasointl.com


A citizen or permanent resident of Canada, can sponsor their spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children to immigrate to Canada.

To sponsor a family member to immigrate to Canada, the sponsor must provide proof that they can:

  • meet basic needs—such as food, clothing and shelter—for them self and family,
  • support relative financially and
  • make sure spouse or relative does not need to ask for financial help from the government.
They may be able to sponsor their parent or grandparent to become a permanent resident under the Family Class (FC).

The sponsor must make every reasonable effort to provide for their own essential needs and those of parent or grandparent. They are responsible for supporting parent or grandparent financially when he or she arrives. As a sponsor, they must make sure parent or grandparent does not need to seek social assistance from the government.