Immigration Skilled Workers
Federal Skilled Workers who meet minimum entry criteria, submit an expression of interest profile to the Express Entry Pool. The profiles of candidates in the pool are ranked under a Comprehensive Ranking System. The highest ranked candidates will be considered for an invitation to apply for permanent residence. Candidates receiving an invitation must submit a full application within 60-days.
Under the new rules, qualified applicants are evaluated against six factors to determine their eligibility for immigration to Canada. Applicants must obtain a total of 67 points out of a possible 100 in order to qualify.
To qualify for admission to the Express Entry Pool as a Federal Skilled Worker, applicants must meet the following conditions:
1. Possess one-year of continuous full-time paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment within the previous 10 years in one of the eligible occupations listed under the applicable National Occupational Classification system; AND
2. The work experience must be classified within Skill Type 0 (Managerial Occupations), Skill Level A (Professional Occupations), or Skill Level B (Technical Occupations and Skilled Trades); AND
3. Score sufficient points under six selection factors. The current pass mark is 67 points;
4. Demonstrate language skills in English or French corresponding to the Canadian Language Benchmark of 7
5. Possess sufficient settlement of funds;
6. Undergo security background and medical examination.